Friday, November 16, 2007

What's in a name?

Just a little business I should have mentioned in my first post. For anyone who's wondering, I borrowed the phrase, "Laugh Like Sarah," from the lyrics of "New Creation," a song by my very favorite band, Lost and Found.

It's something that meant a lot to me not just because of the Genesis reference, but because I've been told I have a good laugh. I mention that only because I think it's a really great compliment as it's something I really have no control over and I love that it sort of aligns me with the biblical Sarah. I feel a much greater connection to the name Sarah through her laughter than through the actual definition of the name -- "princess." That was fun when I was younger, but I really don't feel "princessy" anymore. Now, my middle name, Elizabeth, means "promise of God" which I don't think I could ever get tired of!

Final thought -- in the Bible, both Sarah and Elizabeth have children when they are advanced in years. I always wondered if that holds some sort of sign for my future.

1 comment:

Loving Florida said...

Hi Sarah,

I'm so glad your father sent me the message about your page. Our computer went down sometime ago and we lost contact with you. So your going to be 25. That's a long time from that snowy day in February in Severna Park when you were born. I'll keep in touch with you on your blog. Good Luck.
Nancy and Chuck Karmann