Monday, January 28, 2008

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

The writer's strike drags on. The good news is, contrary to popular belief, not all reality tv is bad. So here's a list (in more or less descending order) of my top ten favorite reality shows --

1. Project Runway
2. So You Think You Can Dance
3. Top Chef
4. MythBusters
5. Amazing Race
6. Survivorman
7. Dirty Jobs
8. 30 Days
9. America's Next Top Model
10. Survivor

Now, after my usual fashion, a little explanation. Some of these shows actually count as educational while some are more in the guilty pleasures category. Here are a few specific comments --

1. I've watched religiously since day one. I want Jay McCarroll's Chrysler building dress and I want it now!
2. More people watch American Idol and Dancing with the Stars, but this show is so much better! Just watch any routine choreographed by Mia Michaels.
4. "I reject your reality . . ." is a quote from Adam Savage, MythBuster. Nobody has more fun at work than these guys.
6. I believe Les Stroud is mildly insane, but in a very cool, laid back way.
7. Why watch a show about cleaning septic tanks, exterminating roaches, and gutting fish? Mike Rowe, that's why. (and did you know he's from Baltimore?)
10. Well, I quit watching after season two, but I'm afraid I've gotten sucked back in. . .

No comments: